Hong Kong FastFacts
  • Home
    • HK Q&A Forum!
  • Hotels
  • Food
  • Shopping
    • Transport
    • Sightseeing
    • Links
    • About Us
    • Search
    • Sitemap
  • Festivals
    • Chinese New Year
    • Chinese Lunar New Year
    • Che Kung’s Birthday
    • Lunar New Year
    • Lantern Festival / Yuen Siu
    • Chinese Groundhog Day
    • Ching Ming Festival
    • Good Friday
    • Birthday of Tin Hau
    • Buddha’s Birthday
    • Cheung Chau Bun Festival
    • Tam Kung’s Birthday
    • Tuen Ng / Dragon Boat Festival
    • Kwan Tai / Kwan Gon’s Birthday
    • Seventh Goddess’ Day / Tsat-je
    • Chinese Ghosts Festival
    • Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival / Moon Festival
    • Monkey King Festival
    • Confucius’ Birthday/Teacher’s Day
    • Chinese National Day
    • Chung Yeung Festival
    • Winter Solstice
    • Christmas Day
  • More
    • What’s it like in Hong Kong?
    • Useful Tips
    • Chinese Culture in Hong Kong
    • Tour Evaluation
    • With kids
    • Pictures
    • Panoramas
    • Webcams
    • Weather
    • My Vacation
    • Travel Books Review
Select Page

OpenRice Hong Kong

 
 
   
   Hong Kong FastFacts Forum Index -> Q&A Forum -> OpenRice Hong Kong
Author Message
Repeteds
Guest
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: OpenRice Hong Kong / OpenRice Hong Kong

Everybody in HK seems to be using openrice.com these days, but is it really realible? I mean I know a lot of these review things in other countries are stuffed full of fake reviews, so is it hte same here? I can only read the English reviews and I know that most of the reviews on openrice are in Chinese, ok makes sense for a HK website, but still I can see the overall ratings and stuff.

But, if it is like amazon and ebay and it is all fake reviews then maybe it can't be trusted. Do you use openrice to choose what kind of restaurants to go to?
 
Back to top

Advertisements

Raymond
Site Admin
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: / OpenRice Hong Kong

I don't know about fake reviews, I suppose anybody can ask their friends to post positive comments about their restaurant, or indeed make fake accounts. but on the whole I think Openrice is so popular that the real reviews would outweigh any fakes.

It isn't as though openrice can't be wrong, you may just disagree with the reviews, but it certainly is better than no guidance at all.
 
Back to top

Related posts

No new posts hong kong zip code
No new posts Flights to Hong Kong ?
No new posts ebay Hong Kong in English?
No new posts etax hong kong ?
No new posts Nexus 7 Hong Kong pricing
 
   
   Hong Kong FastFacts Forum Index -> Q&A Forum -> OpenRice Hong Kong
All times are GMT + 8 Hours
 
Page 1 of 1
The messages about OpenRice Hong Kong on this page were written by the authors above as indicated and do not express the opinion of this web site.