Hong Kong FastFacts
  • Home
    • HK Q&A Forum!
  • Hotels
  • Food
  • Shopping
    • Transport
    • Sightseeing
    • Links
    • About Us
    • Search
    • Sitemap
  • Festivals
    • Chinese New Year
    • Chinese Lunar New Year
    • Che Kung’s Birthday
    • Lunar New Year
    • Lantern Festival / Yuen Siu
    • Chinese Groundhog Day
    • Ching Ming Festival
    • Good Friday
    • Birthday of Tin Hau
    • Buddha’s Birthday
    • Cheung Chau Bun Festival
    • Tam Kung’s Birthday
    • Tuen Ng / Dragon Boat Festival
    • Kwan Tai / Kwan Gon’s Birthday
    • Seventh Goddess’ Day / Tsat-je
    • Chinese Ghosts Festival
    • Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival / Moon Festival
    • Monkey King Festival
    • Confucius’ Birthday/Teacher’s Day
    • Chinese National Day
    • Chung Yeung Festival
    • Winter Solstice
    • Christmas Day
  • More
    • What’s it like in Hong Kong?
    • Useful Tips
    • Chinese Culture in Hong Kong
    • Tour Evaluation
    • With kids
    • Pictures
    • Panoramas
    • Webcams
    • Weather
    • My Vacation
    • Travel Books Review
Select Page

ebay Hong Kong in English?

 
 
   
   Hong Kong FastFacts Forum Index -> Q&A Forum -> ebay Hong Kong in English?
Author Message
ChesterSValentin
Guest
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: ebay Hong Kong in English? / ebay Hong Kong in English?

Is there an English version of Ebay Hong Kong? If I go to ebay.com.hk it is entirely in Chinese and I can't find anything. But I'm looking to sell and buy things in Hong Kong so it doesn't make sense to use the UK or the US sites.

I'm sure there was an English version at one time, but I can't find it now. Did I just dream it or has it disappeared?
 
Back to top

Advertisements

Johanblf
Guest
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: / ebay Hong Kong in English?

That is so annoying, I am sure many sites are like this. If you are in Hong Kong they presume you have to read Chinese. Well NOOOO that ins't true, there are plenty of Expatriate workers in the region, and event quite a few overseas educated Chinese people who are more comfrotable in English.

But sites like ebay insist that if you are on the hog kong ebay.com.hk then it all has to be Chinese.

I go and login to the ebay.com site, but even though I can browse the things for sale in Hong Kong not everything works right. Sometimes my paypal payments don't work and I have to use the ebay hong kong site to do the actual payment even after I have selected things.

If you ask me this is a type of reverse racism where they all want to emphasize only "locals", well they should take a lessen and know that a lot of buying power is in the hands of the non-local residents!
 
Back to top

Related posts

No new posts hong kong zip code
No new posts What are the requirements of customs for entry with no visa?
No new posts Nathan road to Disneyland
No new posts Can we say that Hong Kong is a city-state in the image of SG
No new posts a suggestion for a stop in Hong Kong?
 
   
   Hong Kong FastFacts Forum Index -> Q&A Forum -> ebay Hong Kong in English?
All times are GMT + 8 Hours
 
Page 1 of 1
The messages about ebay Hong Kong in English? on this page were written by the authors above as indicated and do not express the opinion of this web site.