Best Hotels for Shopping in Hong Kong
Just like Singapore, shops are everywhere in Hong Kong. If you come to
Hong Kong for shopping, try optimize your experience by staying in the right
district. For example, if you enjoy:
Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon or Admiralty, Causeway Bay and Central in
Hong Kong Island provide plenty choices.
- In Mongkok, there are Langham Place Hotel, Tatami Hampton Hotel
- In Tsim Sha Tsui, there are the famous
Peninsula Hotel and
many other hotels.
- In Admiralty, there are
Island Shangri-La and J W Marriott which both are reputable 5-star
- In Causeway Bay, Excelsior and Park Lane are my favourite. Best
locations and good buffet.
- Hotels in Central are even more pricey than any other part.
Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
and Four Seasons Hong Kong are a few to name.
Ritz Carlton was a reputable
one too though it has closed
down now. There are a couple guest houses which are located at not such
convenient location like the
Bishop Lei and
- Alternatively, if you like outlet shopping,
Novotel Hotel Citygate is a
good choice for it's right next to Citygate Mall, the mall that hosts over
80 brands' discount outlet including Nike, Burberry and Calvin Klein..
There are various street markets in Hong Kong.
- Laides Market, Flower Market, Goldfish Market, Bird Market and Fa Yuen
Street (bargain street stalls) are all between Prince Edward and Mongkok.
Royal Plaza Hotel Hong Kong is within walking distance to all these markets
and the MTR underground station nearby is an added advantage.
- for Temple Street Night Market, try
staying in hotels in Yau Ma Tei